Programme Manager Required for Lá na Cruite | Harp Day 2022
Cruit Éireann│Harp Ireland seeks a motivated arts consultant to manage and coordinate our annual Lá na Cruite│Harp Day, which will take place on 15th /16th October 2022. Reporting to a Board sub-committee, the ideal candidate should have proven experience of project-managing events and coordinating arts activities together with an ability to engage productively with Ireland’s harping community at local level, north and south, and internationally to achieve agreed programme targets. A proven track record of establishing and maintaining effective national and local media relationships, and social media promotion on numerous platforms is essential. Knowledge of the Irish language and the harp sector is desirable but not essential.
• A passion for, and in-depth knowledge of Irish music
• Extensive knowledge of, and existing contacts within the music and media sector in Ireland (professional and ideally, non-professional)
• Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• The ability to inspire and motivate others, and strong teamwork skills
• Project and event management experience
• Experience in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, such as funders, government and corporate bodies, local authorities, media etc.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Areas of responsibility: Participation and Programming, as per above, with input into other areas as required
• Contract term: 30 June – 30th November 2022. It is envisaged that the initial three months will be a two/three-day week. The final 6 weeks will be full-time. Flexibility of working is essential and will include weekends and some evening working.
• Fees and expenses: A project fee will be negotiated with the ideal candidate.
• The project manager will be self-employed and is responsible for his/her own travel costs, tax affairs and PRSI contributions.
• The project manager will be required to attend CÉHI offices for regular meetings on implementation and progress of the project. There is also the option of use of desk, computer and internet/telephone if required.
LÁ NA CRUITE│ HARP DAY CONTEXT
Lá na Cruite│ Harp Day is a daylong event initiated by Cruit Éireann│ Harp Ireland (www.harpireland.ie) to celebrate Irish harping, its players and Irish harp makers. Harpers all over the world take part and it has rapidly become a highlight of the harping calendar. 2022 will mark the event’s fifth year, and the first time since the beginning of the pandemic that we will be able to organise an in-person event. We held two online harp days in 2020 and 2021 which have garnered critical acclaim from national and global audiences.
With the recovery from the Covid pandemic, CÉHI is keen to re-establish an in- person harping presence in local communities across Ireland, and expand on our overseas activities, while also presenting a number of online events to reach a global audience. A key objective for 2022 is to increase participation and engagement. Bearing in mind that we commemorate the foundation of the Irish State in 2022, we want the harp as the State’s national emblem to be centre stage.
An extensive PR & Marketing plan will be implemented, and the successful candidate will be expected to input into both areas. In addition, s/he will be required to liaise with the board sub-committee on budgetary issues.
Please send cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to the Chair: email@example.com by Friday 11th March 2022. Interviews will be held in the final week in March.