Our not-to-be-missed, spectacular online finale concert Harps from all Corners stars our most renowned harpers who never fail to captivate audiences;
Watch on YouTube: https://bit.ly/HarpsfromallCorners
Watch on Facebook: https://bit.ly/Facebook_HarpDay
- A CÉHI commission for harp and aerialist where pioneering harper Aisling Ennis joins with aerialist Emily Aoibheann to present a work of startling beauty called An Ghiorria (The Hare).
- A collaboration with Music Generation Cork teams Louth harper Donncha Hughes with a group of vibrant young rap artists from the Kabin − a 21st century interpretation of the ancient relationship between the harper and the poet.
- Harps at the Border: The intrepid Music Generation Louth harp ensemble, led by Deirdre Ní Bhuachalla, record on two locations at Carlingford Lough & Flagstaff Viewpoint. Zoe Conway and John McIntyre are joined by 12 harpers to perform Ómós do Shéamuis (composed by Zoe Conway and John McIntyre) in memory of Séamus Heaney.
- Harp Trios take to the stage at Queen’s University Belfast showing the harp’s ever-growing popularity in the north. Featuring Gráinne Meyer, Rhian Hansen, Richard Allen, Adam O’Neill, Eilís Lavelle & Lauren O’Neill.
- Tuning in from the outdoors in Co.Cork is Fiachra Ó Corragáin performing The Enchanted Valley, The Musical Priest and Clann Lir.
- Renowned harper and TG4 Ceoltóir na Bliana 2020, Laoise Kelly, joins us from Achill International Harp Festival for a set of reels; ‘Frank Gilruth’ & ‘Charlie Hardie’.
- All the way from the US comes the Monarch Project; an ambitious pre-recorded project from harpers there, inspired by the Monarch butterfly’s tripartite, migratory-life cycle and composed by award-winning early harper, Ann Heyman and arranged by harper Marta Cook.
- The Alpine Garden at Sligo’s Lissadell House inspires a special performance featuring some of harper Michael Rooney’s music from the De Cuéllar Suite and Constance. Both suites of music commemorate and reflect upon the symbolic history of Sligo. Michael is joined by Sligo harpers Niamh McGloin & Elsa Kelly.
- Prepare to have your curiosity whetted when you see art and technology collide at a performance of early harp, modern Irish Harp and laser harp in the harmonious setting of UCD’s Evolution Garden showing the development of the harping tradition over the past 1000 years with the spotlight on the laser harp; a collaboration between Intel, UCD Explore and Harp Ireland featuring harpers Cormac DeBarra, Siobhán Armstrong & Rachel Duffy.
- The Irish Traditional Music Archive (ITMA) marks Lá na Cruite Harp Day with a specially commissioned illustrated documentary about the collection of renowned harper, Gráinne Yeats and its unfolding riches. Featuring Cormac DeBarra, Siobhán Armstrong, Fiona Gryson & Rachel Duffy.
- The magnificent harp/guitar duo featuring harper Máire Ní Chathasaigh and guitarist/mandolinist Chris Newman tune in from Leeds, UK
- Mayo harpers Gráinne Hambly &, Éadaoin Ní Mhaicín are joined by Séamus Ó Flatharta from Connemara to showcase the best of the west of Ireland harping at Ballintubber Abbey.
- Wales comes calling with the doyenne of Welsh harpist Elinor Bennett giving us 2 Welsh tunes.
- Joining us all the way from London is Jean Kelly with two tunes arranged by her Grandfather TC Kelly.
- We teamed up with the World Academy of Irish Music & Dance at the University of Limerick for a collaboration featuring the incredibly talented Michelle & Louise Mulcahy.
- Our Celtic cousins in Scotland join us for a very special performance as we mark the joint 40th anniversary of Edinburgh International Harp Festival and the 90th anniversary of the Clarsach Society.
- Siblings Aisling & Séan Lyons take to the stage in the Irish Chamber Orchestra Studio at the University of Limerick.